This document is Part 1 of a Guide to Network Evaluation and offers the field's current thinking on frameworks, approaches and tools to address practical questions about designing and funding network evaluations. It was developed along with a casebook Evaluating Networks for Social Change: A Casebook that provides profiles of nine evaluations that detail key questions, methodologies, implementation and results while expanding what is known about assessment approaches that fit how networks develop and function.
What will you learn in the guide?
· How an evaluation can help a network function more effectively and promote network health
· Elements of a network that can be evaluated
· Approaches, methods and tools for evaluating networks
· How to design a network evaluation that fits the? network type and investment (e.g., size, stage of development; issue focus)
· Key questions to ask in a network evaluation
· Examples of network evaluations and what has been learned from them
Title: The State of Network Evaluation
Publication date 2014-07-30
Publication Year 2014
, Center for Evaluation Innovation
, value propositions
, Literature/Research Review
Resource provided by IssueLab
IssueLab's Embeddable Widget
Use this super simple form to customize and generate the code you need to display this content in your own environment - no programming required. The feed will inherit more specific styles, like font face and font color, from your website.
Your widget code
Upload Your Capacity Building Resource
Have a guide, toolkit, or other resource that can help someone learn to do evaluation better? Great! Please send us your suggestion, along with your name and email address in case we need to get in touch. Thanks for helping us build the evaluation capacity of the social sector!