This handbook of data collection tools is intended to serve as a companion to A Guide to Measuring Advocacy and Policy. Organizational Research Services (ORS) developed this guide on behalf of the Annie E. Casey Foundation to support efforts to develop and implement an evaluation of advocacy and policy work. The companion handbook is dedicated to providing examples of practical tools and processes for collecting useful information from policy and advocacy efforts. Included within this handbook are a legislative process tracking log, a meeting observation checklist, a policy brief stakeholder survey, a policy tracking analysis tool, and a policy tracking form.
This best practice provides an approach to measure advocacy and policy change efforts, starting with a theory of change, identifying outcome categories, and selecting practical approaches to measurement.
- Published by
- Organizational Research Services (ORS)
- Funded by
- Annie E. Casey Foundation
- Issue areas
- Nonprofits and Philanthropy
- Document type
- Copyright 2012 by Organizational Research Services (ORS). All rights reserved.
- What to read next
- Evaluation for Models and Adaptive Initiatives
- Getting The Most Out of Evaluation
- Understanding & Sharing What Works: The State of Foundation Practice
- Linked data add horizontal_rule