Charting Impact is a common framework that allows staff, boards, stakeholders, donors, volunteers, and others to work together, learn from each other and serve the community better. It complements planning, evaluation, and assessment that organizations already undertake, and can be used by nonprofits and foundations of all sizes and missions. Charting Impact is a joint project of Independent Sector, GuideStar, and the BBB Wise Giving Alliance.
This discussion guide explains the five questions at the heart of Charting Impact and offers guidance for developing your organization's responses to them. This material should help your discussions with key members of your organization as you consider how to communicate your goals, strategies, capabilities, progress indicators, and accomplishments through this framework.
- Issue areas
- Nonprofits and Philanthropy
- Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivatives 4.0 International License
- What to read next
- Brochure: Kresge Learning and Evaluation
- Organizational Capacity Assessment Tool (OCAT): 2.0
- Organizational Grant Program Reporting + Invoicing Workshop
- Linked data add horizontal_rule