From August 2019 to January 2021, Youth Development Labs (YLabs) partnered with Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG) on the Stigma-Free Abortion Services (StigFAS) project, with the goal of increasing access to safe abortion services for young women and girls in Accra, Ghana.
The project approach involved exploring the challenge through participatory qualitative research, developing an intervention through a youth-driven design process, and implementing a small pilot program. The intervention consisted of three complementary elements designed to increase girls' awareness of safe abortion options and improve their linkage to sexual health services, including safe abortion care. These elements were
- Girl Boss, a future-focused outreach program led by female peer mentors
- Sister Support, a free phone/text confidential counseling and referral service
- Safe Pass, a partnership with local pharmacists to guide girls to safe abortion services.
- Issue areas
- Africa (Western) / Ghana
- Copyright 2021 by Youth Development Labs (YLabs) and Planned Parenthood Association of Ghana (PPAG). All rights reserved.
- What to read next
- Evaluation Framework: Neighborhood Health Status Improvement
- Evaluation in Underserved Communities
- Program Evaluation
- Linked data add horizontal_rule