In March 2020, the Walton Family Foundation established an emergency grant fund to quickly deploy resources to grantees and communities in response to the significant and evolving effects of the COVID-19 pandemic. The $35 million fund was designed to support organizations across all three of WFF's Program Areas (Education, Environment, and Home Region).
The Foundation's Strategy, Learning, and Evaluation Department (SLED) and Public Profit, an evaluation and strategy firm, conducted a retrospective evaluation to learn more about the experience of the emergency grantmaking process and the impact of the COVID Relief Fund grants on grantees and communities.
- Issue areas
- Nonprofits and Philanthropy
- North America / United States
- Copyright 2022 by Walton Family Foundation, Inc. and Public Profit. All rights reserved.
- What to read next
- Brochure: Kresge Learning and Evaluation
- Organizational Capacity Assessment Tool (OCAT): 2.0
- Organizational Grant Program Reporting + Invoicing Workshop
- Linked data add horizontal_rule